Thursday, February 7, 2013

Metallics are back?!


My Fashion heads, . 

As I said in my last post, I wanna talk about trends this week, and what trends we have to look forward to when this freezing your ass off weather says good bye. I heard some where, I don't know if it was on another blog or on instagram, but someone said "Metallics are back" and I thought to myself "back?!" when did they leave, that's like saying black is back, or Justine Timberlake trying to say "he brought sex back",  I was never aware it left. As far as I can see, I would say Metallics have been transformed and brought into some what better use, so bad choice of words for who ever said ITS BACK. Scouring the Internet I have noticed metallics are being used a lot more in inovative ways then in previous season, and I salute who ever decided to do that. I have always been fond of the use of a good gold, bronze of silver to add to an outfit. I'm a girl of sparkle and to have a more subtle way to "sparkle" your self is always a good thing in my book. I really can't tell you how excited I am for warmer weather, these past weeks in New York we haven't gotten over 20 degrees, it makes it extremely hard to get out of your cozy bed, go to the 9 to 5 job you hate and not to mention get dressed in the morning and be warm and fashionable. So looking through designers look books for the warm season to come are giving me the slight bit of hope that we are almost out of the clear. Back to these metallics, I find the best way to wear is to be subtle with it, although this metallic bronze dress I might have to get (bday present to my self, thanks). Wearing a metallic shoe is alwaaays perfect, but maybe try this spring a metalic denim, or boot. Go out of the box of golds & silvers and try a cobalt blue or hot pink, less might be more with those colors for you so just add a pop to your normal outfit, maybe with a white T, jeans and stacked jewelry, SET!
 Handbags and nails are joining in and I say weerk it!
Lets think warm bright thoughts fashion heads and
Happy Fashion Week New York!


Here are some great ideas to bring into your closets!
6. Asos
7. Essie
12. Asos

xoxo,
Fashion Head
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment