Thursday, September 27, 2012

This girl is on Fire!

My fashion heads, if you don't know from the title of this post, its my new favorite song my Alicia Keys featuring Nicki Minaj. She performed it at the VMA's and it just gave me a chills, especially seeing Swiss beats and their song just swaying to her singing. Alicia Keys have a special place in my heart for her, one being a former piano player myself and because my husband and I used one of her songs for our wedding song. I find this song very inspirational, I take it as no matter what is going on in the world around you, you gotta stay strong and never back down and follow your heart. So I find this very inspirational for my blog purpose, I have had my blog for a little over a month now and  I some day hope that this blog can take me places I never thought could happen. I know it sounds strange to some, mostly the "older" generation of folks, but this is the new times and blogging is the new form of public speaking and can touch such a high level of readers. I recently saw an interview of one of my blog idles Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller, and she only started her blog 2 years ago and where did I see this interview you ask?!? Well it was on The Fashion Police on E! I could only dream of one day making it to that point and being invited to runway shows and styling celebrities like Rachel Zoe, and just having a say in the fashion industry, a girl can dream right?! My husband always has the utmost confidence in me and support, and I hope to one day reach the place where he believes I can be. I would like to thank him especially for always believing in me and supporting me through my blog process, he is a big part of it being my fantastic photographer, and I would like to thank EVERYONE who has taken a look at my blog this past month and gave me such great compliments and support as well. Cheers my fashion heads!
Here's hoping to that 
ONE DAY because the sky is the limit

In the mean time, lets now talk about what us fashion heads love most...the clothes. This photo shoot took place while driving through the burbs of Long Island and came across this little park with a beautiful willow tree and a bridge. This outfit was taking me into the night with a casual outting with some girl friends. If you follow me on Instagram  you would know that I'm a repeat offender of these leopard Zara pants, but once you have a piece in your wardrobe that you love and are able to wear it different ways every time, then REPEAT ON. I found these ahhhmazing silver chrome heeled shoes at Zara on FNO (fashion night out) in NYC and knew right away I wanted to pair them with these pants. On the top half I have on a Beastie Boys shirt and a leather jacket my hubby got me last year for Christmas, which I lived in because last winter was so warm and we had no snow. Of course I like the mixing-ness of this outfit and this its also a good transitional outfit to fall from summer.  I also mixed some metals, my sunglasses are rose gold, my necklace is silver and my bracelets are gold, Have fun with it! Get the look below.






How to achieve the look:
1. Similar pants: here
2. Heels: here
3. Rocker Tee: here
4. Cool faux leather: here
5. Bracelet: here




xoxo,
Fashion Head
Alexa

No comments:

Post a Comment